1. You hug the wall of the thin cliff, praying that the quartet of Dark Walkers below you don’t look up. One Dark Walker is bad enough, but four? How did you get in this mess? You glance down and are glad you see the tops of their hoods and not their rotting faces looking up at you. You note that they have drawn their bone swords, not a good sign. You have to get out of here.
You creep along the side of the wall, doing your best not to make any noise. You keep your eyes on your pursuers, feeling the way with your hand. After a few painfully slow inches of creeping, your hand lands on something wooden, not rock. You slowly move your gaze from the Dark Walkers to the door you’ve just found. A door? Who puts a door in the middle of a cliff half way up a mountain of rock? At this point you really don’t care, as long as it opens.
Just as you notice there is no handle or knob on the door, your foot slips causing a small cluster of rocks to fall noisily right in front of the Dark Walkers. The strange and rotting creatures withdraw their bone swords into their hands and begin climbing up the rock towards you. You start throwing your weight into the door, pounding on it as hard as you can, but it’s not budging, not even a crack. You look down. The Dark Walkers are closing in. You turn back to the door and in frustration yell, “BLOODY NATH! LET ME IN!”
The door creaks open. You run in and go to slam the door shut, but it shuts faster than you can push. You are safe, you think, then you notice it’s pitch black. You turn around to put your back at the door. Two torches on the walls burst into flame, temporarily blinding you for a few seconds. When your eyes adjust to the light, you see two doors. One is marked 2, the other is marked 3. A sign between the door reads:
Welcome to Daa’argararath’s Dungeon of Deathtrap Doorways!
Guaranteed a surprise around every corner!
You may begin by picking a door and entering the next room.
Remember as always, MAKE GOOD CHOICES!
You try the door behind you, thinking you might be better off with the Dark Walkers, but it won’t budge. Guess you’ll have to pick a door. Will it be (2) or (3)?
2. The doorknob gives you a sharp shock when you grab it. The shock doesn’t do any damage, just scares you half to death. You enter the room and the door shuts behind you and disappears. You see 2 unmarked, non-distinct doors across the torch lit room. There’s a greenish, yellowish mess of something in the middle of the floor. There’s plenty of room to walk around it so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting to the doors, until it starts moving towards you.
It’s a Doom Jelly. It has an MR of 25 and does an extra die of damage if it rolls spite damage. Edged weapons only get half their adds against it as well.
If you survive, you can now go through the left door(19) or the right one(17).
3. You enter the room, and the door shuts behind you and disappears. You see 2 unmarked, non-distinct doors across the torch lit room. Suddenly the floor, and the entire room, tilts towards the doors. You must make a Level 1 Save Roll against your DEX to keep your balance. If you miss, you fall and roll into the wall between the doors taking 1 die of CON damage.
The floor levels back out and now you may pick the right door(10) or the left one(19).
4. The doorway has taken you back to the ledge where you started. It looks like the Dark Walkers had given up on trying to get in and have moved away from the cliff, though still in sight. Make a Level 2 Save Roll against your LUCK. If you miss then the four Dark Walkers have noticed you and are on the attack. They have an MR of 40 each. If you have a ranged or missile weapon you may make an attack before they reach you. If you make the roll then you successfully sneak away from them, quickly taking off in the other direction.
If you made the Save Roll or won the fight, then consider yourself lucky and take an extra 300AP for surviving Daa’argararath’s Dungeon of Deathtrap Doorways!
5. You enter the room, and the door shuts behind you and disappears. You see no other doors anywhere. A wooden beam with a wheel attached to it lowers out of the ceiling. The wheel looks like a game of chance wheel at a carnival or festival. It looks like wands are attached at different intervals. A sign on the wooden beam says “SPIN”. With nothing else to do in the room and no way out, you spin the wheel. It lands on a wand and the wand fires at you.
Roll3d6 and see what happened:
3 – Your Speed goes up 1d6.
4 – You become the opposite sex.
5 – Your weapon is enchanted and does an extra die of damage.
6 – Your Strength loses 1d6 points.
7 – Your Charisma loses 2d6 points
8 – Your Luck goes up 1d6.
9 – Your skin has been enchanted and can now take 5 hits(add total Hits Taken if using armor).
10 – You’ve been turned to stone.
11 – Your Intelligence goes up 1d6.
12 – Your Dexterity loses 1d6 points.
13 – You are teleported. Roll 1d6. Odds take you to Room 3. Evens take you to Room 2.
14 – Your Dexterity goes up 1d6.
15 – Your biggest piece of armor(all if full set) or shield is enchanted and hit taken is doubled
16 – Your Charisma goes up 3d6 points.
17 – You are now a Hobb. If you are already a Hobb then you are now a Goblin
18 – Your Strength goes up 1d6.
If you aren’t stone or teleported, a door appears in front of you (15).
6. You get a strange itching feeling as you pass through eh doorway that quickly goes away. Roll 1d6. The number you roll is how many points your DEX goes up. It is also the number of points that your SPEED goes down.
On the ground you see a large green crystal. You pick it up and inside you can clearly see a vision of an obese goblin eating something repulsive. He looks up and waves to you. Make a Level 2 Save Roll against your LUCK. If you make the roll, you accidentally drop the crystal, shattering it into a million pieces. If you miss the roll, you get an uncontrollable urge to keep it and try to sell it, which you never will. You won’t be able to give it away either. No one wants an Emerald of Fuurg…ever.
Now pick a door., left (11) or right(7).
7. As soon as you enter this room the door behind you disappears and you find your feet stuck to the floor. It’s going to take a Level 2 Save Roll against your Strength to be able to take a step. Every time you miss you need to make a Level 1 Save Roll against LUCK or be zapped by an electric shock. Luckily this is a small room and it’ll take you only 5 steps to get across.
If you make it to the doors, you can go left(18) or right(4).
8. This door takes you back to the ledge you started on, only this time the Dark Walkers have made it up. The four Dark Walkers have a MR of 40 each. If you manage to win the fight you lick your wounds and begin the climb back down the cliff, headed on to whatever adventure is before you. Take an extra 400 AP for surviving Daa’argararath’s Dungeon of Deathtrap Doorways!
9. You enter the room, and the door shuts behind you and disappears. You see 2 unmarked, non-distinct doors across the torch lit room. In the center of the room stands a humanoid figure covered in fungus and moss. He looks straight at you and beings to walk towards you. His eyes never leave yours. He has a MR of 18. If he is hit or even killed in the first round of combat, his body ripples and grows and his MR is now 26(even if he took damage that round). If he isn’t hit then he continues at the same MR. If he is hit or even killed in the second round of combat, his body ripples and grows and his MR is now 32(even if he took damage that round). If he isn’t hit then he continues at the same MR. If he is hit or even killed in the third round of combat, his body ripples and grows and his MR is now 40(even if he took damage that round). If he isn’t hit then he continues at the same MR. If he is hit any round after that his body explodes showering moss, flowers and spores all over the room. Take an extra point of damage from the spores.
You can go through the right door(11) or the left door(14).
10. You enter the room, and the door shuts behind you and disappears. You see 2 unmarked, non-distinct doors across the torch lit room. In the center of the room stands a 4′ tall figure with the body of a man and the head of a bull holding a spear. As you try to decide if you should laugh or be worried, the Mini-taur charges you. It has a CON of 28 and it’s spear had 3+1 combat dice.
If you defeat the Mini-taur, you may pick the right door(9) or the left door(16).
11. As you walk through the doorway your body is racked with pain. The room looks like it’s getting bigger, at least from your perspective. When the pain stops you find yourself with the current intellect and mind of a person of your age and experience, but in the body of a newborn baby. Pain hits you again and you cry and blackout.
When you awaken finally you are back to normal, and naked. Your clothes and all your gear are there right beside you. As you get dressed, you notice that you feel better than ever before. All of your CON has been restored, any curses befallen upon you have been lifted, and any disfigurements, disabilities, or ailments have been undone. Consider this a gift of Daa’argararath.
Go through the left(5) or right (18) door.
12. You enter the room, and the door shuts behind you and disappears. You see 2 unmarked, non-distinct doors across the torch lit room. The room looks empty, then you hear a skittering noise coming from the ceiling. A two foot long creature with the body of an ant and the tail of a scorpion crawls down the wall to face you. Then you notice the other one in the corner, that has noticed you too.
The Scorpiants have an MR of 23. They can be fought separately or together. Either way, if one hits you in combat you must make a Level 1 save Roll against your CON or take an extra die of venom damage.
If you manage to survive, you can go through the right door(8) or the left door(7).
13. The door opens to a lush path on the other side of the mountain. There is not a Dark Walker in site. You breath in the fresh air, thanking whatever God got you through that crazy place. You ponder for a second or two as to what kind of lunatic would create a place like that coming to the conclusion that you never want to find out. You begin to venture down the path, thinking you’d like at least a few nights rest and a few hundred pints of ale before you started on another adventure. Take an extra 500 AP for surviving Daa’argararath’s Dungeon of Deathtrap Doorways!
14. You enter the room, and the door shuts behind you and disappears. You see 2 unmarked, non-distinct doors across the torch lit room. In the center of the room is a bizarre statue of a goblin. Make a Level 2 Save Roll against Luck or INT whichever is higher. If you make the roll you notice in time that the statue is alive. It’s a Gobstone and now have to fight it. If you miss the roll the Gobstone surprises you with a strike of it’s stone hand doing it’s hit dice in damage. If you survive the blow you will have to fight it. The Gobstone has a MR of 32 and it’s stone hide acts as armor and takes 5 hits of damage.
If you manage to survive, you can go through the right door(5) or the left door(4).
15. You enter the room, and the door shuts behind you and disappears. Across the room is another door. A sign on the wall above the door reads:
Thank you for playing Daa’argararath’s Dungeon of Deathtrap Doorways!
Pull the rope to get your prize!
Please exit through the door ahead.
There’s a velvet rope hanging beside you that you didn’t notice before. You pull it and 100x your highest attribute in gold coins pours out of slots in the walls. You gather you what you can carry and go through the door(13).
16. As you go to open the door only the top half opens. Which means you have to climb over it to get into the next room. Make a Level 1 save Roll against INT or LUCK whichever is higher. If you miss then you don’t notice the floor is missing except for a small ledge behind the door and you fall into a pit of perpetual falling, and your doom. If you make it then you notice the trap and climb down carefully onto the ledge.
You also see two ropes, one 1/3 of the way and the other 2/3rds, swinging back and forth. Your only way to the other side, since the door behind you disappeared, is to swing on those ropes. Make a Level 1Save Roll against your DEX or LUCK whichever is higher. If you miss the roll you fall to your…perpetual falling?…and the adventure ends here. If you make the roll you’ve successfully caught the other rope. Now make a Level 1 save Roll against your DEX or LUCK which ever is lower. If you miss the roll, you know what happens.
You made both Save Rolls and may now pick the right(14) or left(8) door.
17. You enter the room, and the door shuts behind you and disappears. You see 2 unmarked, non-distinct doors across the torch lit room. Other than that the room is completely empty. As you step fully into this room, it begins to spin. You must make a Level 1 Save Roll against your DEX and LUCK. If you miss one of the rolls you fall and take 1 die of CON damage. If you miss both take 2 dice of damage.
The room soon slows down to a halt. You may now pick the left door(6) or the right one(12).
18. As you enter the room you find an underground has cut ti’s way through the room. It doesn’t look that deep and you can probably make your way across it, that is until the huge seven headed bright blue green salamander crawled out of the hole in the wall on the one side. The Seven Eyed Beast has one eye on each of it’s seven heads. It crawls the rest of the way out of the hole on it’s six legs. It salivates out of it’s fanged mouth as all seven eyes look at you as it’s next snack. The Beast has an MR of 60. Good luck.
It’s highly unlikely that you will survive, but if you do, there is only one door to go through(15).
19. Passing through the door gives you a tingling feeling. The most powerful magical weapon or object you have has now been drained of it’s magic power for the next two rooms. For that time it is simply plain and ordinary.
The door behind you has disappeared. There are two doors on the other side of the room. Do you pick the left one(9) or the right one(6)?